PoconoInfo is a free one-stop information and referral service for Monroe County that provides easy access to human services in our community. One call to PoconoInfo can help you find:
• 6,086 individuals served in Fiscal Year 2020-2021
• Top 3 needs:
- Income/Cash Assistance (including rental assistance)
- Housing Assistance/Shelter
- Basic Needs (including Food, Utilities and Clothing)
• Food resources
• Rent and utility assistance
• Opioid abuse information
• Early intervention services
• Mental health services
• Credit counseling
• Public assistance programs
• Aging parent assistance
• Support groups
• Where to donate food, clothes, furniture and time
• And more!
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Pocono Mountains United Way is committed to a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work. This is an opportunity for your business to join the fight for racial equity and highlight its corporate social responsibility essential to make Monroe County a community where everyone has the resources, opportunities, and support they need to thrive.
Racial Equity Resource Guide
• Pocono Mountains United Way is working with the Monroe County NAACP and other community leaders to achieve racial equity in Monroe County. This resource list is designed to support individuals and groups who want to increase their own understanding of race, and those working toward achieving racial justice at every level: individually, inter-personally, in organizations, in communities and in systems at large.
For a list of resources to both educate about and combat against racism, please view our Racial Equity Resources here.
Cultural Humility Trainings
• In partnership with Community Action Committee of the Lehigh Valley, we are proud to offer Cultural Humility Trainings to non-profits, businesses, faith groups, and others in our community.
Participants will learn:
• The importance of being culturally responsive/sensitive within work spaces and our personal lives.
• The stereotypes and attitudes around the perceptions we all have of each other.
• How society’s portrayal of minorities/ethnic people of color can assist in our perception of other cultures/ethnicities.
• How perceptions of people of color/other cultures can affect the way we operate in work spaces.
• How the perception of communities of color can affect how and whom we hire.
• How the perceptions of communities of color can affect whom we interact.
• How perceptions of communities of color can affect with whom we do business.
• How implicit biases play into the stereotypes we all have and how that can affect our processes and policies in work spaces.
• How micro aggressions play into the implicit biases and stereotypes we all have and how they can play into our work spaces to create white supremacy culture
Sign up for our newsletter to stay in touch!