Monroe County ERAP
The Monroe County Emergency Rental Assistance Program is a new program for 2021 that provides help for renters who are behind on their rent or utilities, regardless of monthly rate.
Who can qualify for the ERAP program?
• Monroe County renters who are behind on their rent or utilities or are at risk for housing instability
• Have experienced a loss of income or additional expenses due to the COVID-19 crisis
• Household income must be equal to or less than the following totals for household members 18 years and older:
Sign up online at the COMPASS website and choose Monroe County to start the process.
Copy and paste this web address if you cannot click the link above:
Documents to have ready if available (This speeds up the process!) :
• Proof of Identity for yourself (applicant)
• Current lease and letter showing amount due (if applicable)
• Court-ordered Eviction document (if applicable)
• Past-due utility bills (if applicable)
• Recent pay stubs, unemployment documents, and other proof of income or 1040 tax filing from 2020
• List of COMPASS Programs you participate in (if applicable) - (SNAP, Medical Assistance, etc.)
No internet access? Call 570-243-6677 for application information
Sign up for our newsletter to stay in touch!