Chronic unemployment. Financial illiteracy. Homelessness. In communities around the world, individuals and families are facing financial obstacles that prevent a good quality of life.
We’re fighting to put every person, in every community, on a path toward financial empowerment. That starts with access to services, job training, credit counseling and money management programs.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Free tax preparation program that is available to individuals and families with household incomes up to $56,000 annually. This program also ensured people filed to receive their Economic Impact Payments and Child Tax Credit.
• 188 returns prepared in 2022
• $208,000+ in refunds generated
• Over $40,000 in tax preparation fees saved
Pocono Rental Assistance Program
Through rental assistance and case management services, the Pocono Rental Assistance Program helps to prevent homelessness in Carbon, Monroe, Pike and Wayne Counties.
• 51 households with 120 individuals were assisted to remain housed in Fiscal Year 2021-22
• $41,925 in direct client assistance provided for Monroe County residents
Emergency Rental Assistance Program
In partnership with the County of Monroe, this program provides up to 15 months of rental and utility assistance to households that have been financially impacted directly or indirectly during the COVID-19 crisis.
• 2800 households with an estimated 4000 individuals were assisted to remain housed
• Average payment amount of $6500 for delinquent rent and utilities
Landlord-Tenant Eviction Mediation Program
Voluntary, confidential, and free program where a mediator works with both landlords and tenants to identify their needs and help them negotiate a solution. Unlike the court system, landlords and tenants participating in mediation have more options to create a mutual agreement that is acceptable to all parties.
• 113 households including 267 individuals served in Fiscal Year 2021-2022
• 98% of households were still housed an average of 30 days after receiving assistance
Sign up for our newsletter to stay in touch!