Chronic unemployment. Financial illiteracy. Homelessness. In communities around the world, individuals and families are facing financial obstacles that prevent a good quality of life.
We’re fighting to put every person, in every community, on a path toward financial empowerment. That starts with access to services, job training, credit counseling and money management programs.
Program that supports under-resourced individuals and families by exploring causes of instability and barriers to success and change through self-reflection, examination of their situation, and support as they write their future stories.
• 28 people participated in the workshop in Fiscal Year 2020-2021 and earned a total of $6,300 - increasing
their financial resources
• 2 participants enrolled in the Matched Savings Account Program which provides a dollar-for-dollar match up to $1,500 toward an approved savings goal
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Free tax preparation program that is available to individuals and families with household incomes up to $56,000 annually. This program also ensured people filed to receive their Economic Impact Payments and Child Tax Credit.
• 225 returns prepared in 2021 – a 52% increase over last year
• $275,000+ in refunds generated
• Over $55,000 in tax preparation fees saved
Pocono Rental Assistance Program
Through rental assistance and case management services, the Pocono Rental Assistance Program helps to prevent homelessness in Carbon, Monroe, Pike and Wayne Counties.
• 42 households with 90 individuals were assisted to remained housed in Fiscal Year 2020-2021
• $38,617 in direct client assistance provided for Monroe County residents
Emergency Rental Assistance Program
In partnership with the County of Monroe and 3 local agencies, this program provides up to 12 months of rental and utility assistance to households that have been impacted directly or indirectly by the COVID-19 crisis.
• 155 households with an estimated 503 individuals were assisted to remain housed
• Average payment amount of $7,535 for rent and $904 for utilities
Landlord-Tenant Eviction Mediation Program
Voluntary, confidential, and free program where a mediator works with both landlords and tenants to identify their needs and help them negotiate a solution. Unlike the court system, landlords and tenants participating in mediation have more options to create a mutual agreement that is acceptable to all parties.
• 117 households including 260 individuals served in Fiscal Year 2020-2021
• 98% of households were still housed an average of 30 days after receiving assistance
Sign up for our newsletter to stay in touch!