United Way of Monroe County is partnering with Read Across Monroe to encourage summer learning for children in Monroe County this summer. There are three different ways you can get involved:
- DONATE BOOKS: We are looking for new or gently used children’s and young adult books to be donated. The book drive will run from June 1st through June 26th. Books can be dropped off at any of the following four locations in Monroe County:
– The Mountain Center, 354 Memorial Blvd, Tobyhanna, PA, 18466, 570-894-3272, www.themountaincenter.net
– Pocono Family YMCA, 809 Main St., Stroudsburg, PA, 18360, 570-421-2525, www.poconoymca.org
– PVEN Food Pantry, 2336 Route 209, Sciota, PA, 18354, 570-992-3136, pven.net
– United Way of Monroe County, 135 Warner Road, Tannersville, PA, 18372, 570-629-5657, https://poconounitedway.org
- VOLUNTEER: Donated books will be sorted and boxed by volunteers during our 2nd annual Day of Action on June 26 at The Mountain Center, 354 Memorial Blvd, Tobyhanna, PA 18466 from 9 am to 12 noon. To sign up, click the link below.
- SPREAD THE WORD: We will be delivering all books to summer lunch programs across the county. Children accessing summer lunch programs will be given free books to encourage summer reading. Spread the word about these critical services!