Monroe County Transit Authority (MCTA) – Shared Ride for Seniors

Shared Ride for Seniors serves many seniors, aged 65 and over, throughout Monroe County who live in outlying areas where public transit is not accessible. Shared Ride programs can be used for trips to doctors appointments, grocery store, and any other day-to-day errands. Shared Ride is only available by reservation. You must call the Shared Ride dispatch by 12 Noon the day before your trip to schedule a ride. Senior rides must start Monday-Friday between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. For Seniors Only, the PA State Lottery Program pays for 85% of the shared ride fare. In Monroe County, the Area Agency on Aging works with Seniors to help pay some of the remaining 15% cost. The amount of co-pay you will be required to pay can vary based on the current year budget allocations in our community, but never more than 15% of the total fare. Call MCTA for more information on fare rates. (Certain trips such as Kidney Dialysis may be available Monday through Friday). MCTA now offers a new North and South Loop service so all riders can go beyond Monroe County. The North Loop service operates North of Interstate 80 on specific days of the week to the Scranton & Wilkes-Barre area (call for details). The South Loop service operates South of Interstate 80 on specific days of the week to the Allentown, Bethlehem, and Wind Gap area (call for details). Shared Rides are not available on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.

134 MCTA Drive , Swiftwater, PA 18370

Hours of Operation
Service Hours Vary - Call for Details

570-839-6282 ext. 434

Emergency Phone